> Speaking of which, the local PBS station aired a tribute to Muddy Waters
> this week which featured a number of luminaries guesting with a house
> band featuring G. E. Smith (ugh), Johnnie Johnson & Charlie Musselwhite.
>  The highlight was a very long appareance by Buddy Guy.  Unlike many of
> Buddy's concerts and albums, there was no showboating by celebrity
> guests.  At one point he offered Smith the chance to solo and Smith
> declined, earning him some respect from me.    I'd love to hear a
> complete Buddy Guy album done this way, with this backing band and the
> focus entirely on Guy's singing and playing.

I saw a bit of this and it was good. Keb Mo did a solo spot with a
National steel and a mike on his foot so he could stomp out time.
Sweet. I'm sure they'll be running it again ... and again... and..

-- J.C. Moretta
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

(thrilled to be back on this list after a year away - missed all the
great info you folks have to offer)

"He who is not busy being born is busy dying"
- Bob Dylan?