<< [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

 >  The record-in-progress also reflects the presence of Whiskeytown fan and
 >  Smashing Pumpkins guitarist James Iha.  Though Iha joined the band in
 >  Chapel Hill at a surprise show at Local 506 and in London at the
 >  Borderline (where Whiskeytown cranked out a Buzzcocks-esqe rendition of
 >  Iha's "Be Strong Now," from his solo album, Let It Come Down),

 God help us all if he (Iha) is a major influence on this new release after
that
 dismal thing he did solo a year or so ago. Send him back to the Pumpkins
where
 Corgan can keep him in line. >>

Hey all, I hate to be picky here, but might y'all be a little more
conscientious about how you're cutting and pasting text and attributing
passages? Not a big deal, I do understand that this is kind of an inadvertent
byproduct of mailing list life, but this is the second time this week this has
happened to me. I did not write any of the words cited above. They are
straight from the press release that I merely posted.

I know this might sound trivial to you but it's not to me. For better or
worse, I am a journalist for a living who likes to keep my words mine and
other people's words their own, *especially* when it comes to press release
fluff. (Of course, feel free to incorrectly cite me as the reference to any of
those obscure country factoids that Weisberger delivers tho. I'll gladly,
fraudulently accept looking smart and well-versed in country history. <g>)
I've got my good name to protect. Or at least my mediocre name to protect,
whichever the case may be.

Sorry so crabby,

Neal Weiss