At 03:59 PM 1/29/99 EST, you wrote:

><<     Oh contraire, I'm glad Westerberg grew up. Now I just wish he'd
> stop making crappy music. Or are you making the case that artists of a
> certain age aren't capable of being as good as they were in their youth? >>
>
>Well, I, for one, will make the case that in the case of Paul Westerberg it
>does seem to be the case that he isn't capable of being as good as he was in
>his youth. And it pains me to say it every time I say it.

A couple of weeks back there was a piece on Westerberg on UBL. In a brief
piece he was quoted as saying the Mats were something special, four guys
with the right attitude and chops coming together at the right time. The
chemistry can't be recreated.

I can't argue with that. In his solo outings, the thing I've missed is
exactly what he's talking about. That magic. I don't think it is the
quality of the songs which have considerably diminished.

2 cents on a sleepy monday

Jeff

Miles of Music mail order
http://www.milesofmusic.com
FREE printed Catalog: (818) 883-9975 fax: (818) 992-8302, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Alt-Country, rockabilly, bluegrass, folk, power pop and tons more.