John Wendland wrote:

>  I still remember
> the noise it made when the LP was dropped from the spindle and the grooves
> of one album rubbed against the grooves of another.

Yeah, me too. Didn't they mold a thicker "lip" around the edge though, to
prevent that rubbing?

> Any other audiophiles
> out there use to put pennies on the arm of the turntable to keep it from
> skipping? That was real good for the records too<g>.

Yeah, on my first "stereo", after I graduated from my childhood portable. 78?
Anybody else have a 16 rpm setting for their "talking" records? Gosh, that old
portable...thought about it the other night when BR5-49 covered "Battle Of New
Orleans". Flip side on that old 45 was "Sink The Bismarck".

b.s.

npimh- Johnny Cash "Ring Of Fire"