On Thu, 14 Jan 1999, William F. Silvers wrote:

> John Wendland wrote:

> >  I still remember
> > the noise it made when the LP was dropped from the spindle and the grooves
> > of one album rubbed against the grooves of another.

> Yeah, me too. Didn't they mold a thicker "lip" around the edge though, to
> prevent that rubbing?

I don't THINK so...

> ...thought about it the other night when BR5-49 covered "Battle Of New
> Orleans". Flip side on that old 45 was "Sink The Bismarck".

Then you don't have a very old 45.  I'm pretty sure that was a reissue
pressed in the 60's or 70's.  Going on a *really* old memory here, I think
the original B-side was "All for the Love of a Girl."  The original had a
cool sleeve with little cartoons depicting the story of the battle.
Sadly, all my 45's were ripped off by an ex-roommate so I can't check.

-- Mike Woods