<< Yeah, Derek, that makes sense--because towards the end of the LP people
 pretty much gave up selling  spindled record changers...the word was out
 that you probably got a better (watch for antique term here) record player
 for the buck with a single-disc turntable as part of your swell new stereo
 component system.  So they started putting out multi-record sets ordered
 for flipping..one disc at a time. >>

I seem to remember the switch from changers to single-LP turntables having to
do with preservation, mostly, eliminating unnecessary wear and tear that came
with an album making that four or five inch fall one too many times. At least
that was a main reason for my such investment. Got me one of them Technics
turntables with the belt motor and the stony strobe thing. And then I got me
the record cleaner brush thing with the liquid drops and special plastic
sleeves for that albums and different special plastic sleeves for the album
jacket.

I think I gave all that up when I went to college and started dating. Being a
dork with a record cleaner isn't necessarily the best way to get laid. I
preferred twelvers of Coors Light, the bong and whatever she wanted to listen
to. But I digress.

What were we talking about again?

Neal Weiss
np - Chuck E. Weiss - Extremely Cool