Excerpts from internet.listserv.postcard2: 2-Feb-99 Re: Global
Media/Elena's ? by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> If these guys at Global Media are really serious why don't they just do it as
> professionally as you are, and fork over the dough to set the thing straight
> and true for the musicians?

Naivete or corruption, I guess.  Either way, ASCAP and BMI are pretty
aware of what's going through the air and across modems and will let
them know pretty quickly that they should comply.  I once worked at an
AM station that refused to pay either organization and (after much
prodding) opted to use only public-domain music as beds for its talk
shows.  This meant that I had to play and listen to very cheesy
synthesizers playing melodies unfit for elevators on a regular basis.
This is what happens when you buck the licensing powers.

Carl Z.