> > If these guys at Global Media are really serious why don't they
> just do it as
> > professionally as you are, and fork over the dough to set the
> thing straight
> > and true for the musicians?
>
> Naivete or corruption, I guess.

Neither.  GM's asking the musicians to waive their rights to compensation
for these broadcasts: "send us your stuff and if you let us air it for free
and sign a waiver to that effect, we'll air it for free."  Presumably, that
waiver is the price they're being asked to pay in order to have access to
potential buyers, bookers, etc. - with all the drawbacks that Mike Hays
points out.  Kind of like showcases at big music festivals, eh?

Jon Weisberger  Kenton County, KY [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://home.fuse.net/jonweisberger/