>Thanks for clearing that up Mike, and thanks for playing my songs. I read
your
>other post explaining the initial outlay of cash to ASCAP and BMI you had
>make, again thanks for remembering us struggling, looking-under-the-sofa-
>cushion-for-busfare muscians.

I am one of you in the struggling musician category.

>If these guys at Global Media are really serious why don't they just do it
as
>professionally as you are, and fork over the dough to set the thing
straight
>and true for the musicians?

I'm with Gracey on this one.  There's something serious wrong with someone
wanting to program a station either with all genre indie music or thinking
they can get enough good quality material from the different genre to have a
decent playlist.  I currently have 600+ tunes in various rotations and will
continue adding to the library until the hard drive is full, then we'll get
a bigger hard drive. Be very wary of anyone who asks you to fork over the
rights and licensing on anything up front.  I'm sure these folks have a plan
they think will work but my guess, from looking at the site is that as an
indie only outlet that the station will either be so musically over diverse
that it will have a hard time drawing any sizable audience or they will have
Real networks break it down into different categories, thereby limiting the
playlist because after all, how many really good indies are going to sign
over rights when it would jeopardize a possible contract.

NOW ONLINE,   http://www.TwangCast.com  TM  RealCountry netcast 24 X 7
Please Visit Then let us know what you think!

Mike Hays www.MikeHays.RealCountry.net
For the best country artist web hosting, www.RealCountry.net