> What I have noticed is that many people, even devout Dylan
> fans, are disappointed when they hear Dylan live for the
> first time.

My first time was Wembley Arena 1987, backed by Petty and the Heartbreakers.
It wasn't bad (the Heartbreakers could make anyone sound good, really), but not
great.  Petty's set which preceded Dylan's blew the old croaker clean out of
the water, from the opening "Keep Your Hands to Yourself" to the
bring-the-house-down take on "American Girl".  And if that wasnt good enough,
Petty and McGuinn did a mini byrds set before that, with all the old classics
in there.  Quite a night...
Stevie