At 9:13 PM +0000 10/2/99, Stevie Simkin wrote:
>lance davis wrote:
>
>>  The same goes for that listless,
>> unforgivable Letterman appearance, and the list goes on and on.
>> Disappointments have abounded.
>
>Hey, just hang on a doggone minute there.  Are we talking Dylan on Letterman
>in  1984?  Dont Start Me Talkin, Jokerman and License to Kill?  One of
>THE great Dylan performances ever (... and I have the live tape collection
>to prove it) ?  Surely not.

I'm with Stevie on this one.  Great great effort from BD that
night.  I suspect Lance might have been referring to a later Letterman
appearance -- I think it was a prime time special celebrating
Letterman's 15th anniversary on the air, or something like that --
when BD performed a somewhat lackluster "Like A Rolling Stone"
with Rosanne Cash + two others on (superfluous, it seemed to me)
backing vocals.

Ross Whitwam            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Molecular Pharmacology & Therapeutics Program
Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, NYC