>I don't see an MP3 recorder anywhere in the near future. You have to record
> in AIFF or WAV format, then translate to MP3 format.

If your CD drive supports it - and most do - it appears, judging by the
elapsed time it takes, you can extract CD audio files directly to MP3
format; there's a huge variety of commercial, shareware and I think even a
few freeware products that do this.  That's a substantial part of the piracy
concern; it's easier to copy a commercially-released CD than it is to record
your own stuff.

Jon Weisberger  Kenton County, KY [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://home.fuse.net/jonweisberger/