At 5:10 PM -0600  on 2/23/99, David Cantwell served me up the perfect
opening:

>I don't think anyone told you this. I can't imagine anyone on this list, in
>fact, ever telling anyone this, not even me <g>. But: Please don't tell me
>that the Nashville Sound was some kind of artistic decline in country
>music, either. --david cantwell

I think you're both right. The Nashville Sound has little to do with
country music. It was a way for country musicians to stay employed. But
they weren't making country music. It was just *marketed* as country
music.

Bob, feeling like it's the good old days around here