>To  me, production is like makeup on women; when it draws attention to
itself,
>then it's not working.

>Terry

Wow!! What a great sentence, do you mind if I steal it? And while I'm not
the only one who agrees with its attention-getting flavor concerning
60's.pop.country.com (I'm pretty sure if Buck "approved" with the
coin-jingling Nashville Sound he wouldn't have felt compelled to create his
own Buckersfield Sound), you have to allow for those moments where
individual talent rise above. Some folks' tastes run to Bare or Snow. Mine
sure run to Ray Charles and Charlie Rich, two cases where (lip-)glossy
production values didn't always hurt their ability to make a soulful
artistic country statement.

Lance . . .