Personally I don't mind, if they do it well - Neither WIlco nor, to a lesser
degree, Son Volt is really doing what UT used to do.  The problem is the
band has to have a good songwriter and not just someone whose figured out
the "sound".  I wouldn't dream of casting a politically incporrect pallor
over any baby bands by identifying them by name, but trust me...there's some
really good punk-tinged-country-rock going on out there.