On Fri, 5 Mar 1999, Terry A. Smith wrote:

> ps I think Jim might have taken my post a little bit wrong, because, I'll
> admit, it didn't have a great deal to do with Tera's post that was copied
> in that message. Her post just indirectly sparked those thoughts; I
> wasn't necessarily challenging her argument.

Perhaps.  I just find it frustrating that there is a debate as to whether
on a concrete level, UT/Son Volt/Wilco can be associated with the origin
of the Americana/No Depression/Alternative Country movement.

To me it is a no brainer.  And it seems highly relevant that both the No
Depression Magazine and the Listserves 'Postcard' and the offspring
'Postcard2' are all directly related to UT songs and albums.

I AM NOT CONDONING OR JUDGING THE QUALITY OR INTEGRITY OF THESE BANDS,
MAGAZINES, OR ASSOCIATIONS, OR ADOPTING THEM FOR MYSELF.  JUST
ACKNOWLEDGING THAT THEY EXIST FOR MANY (NOT ALL) PEOPLE.

I am defintely done with this topic.

-Jim