On Tue, 19 Jan 1999 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> There's a story developing here regarding the current state of
> "Americana." (TM)
>
> Who's going to write it? (c'mon Mr. Slack - tell it like it is)

Well, I'm willin' to keep an open mind about "the current state of
Americana (TM)."  I'll just wait an' see what shakes out.  As for Marino,
he just got burned out by all the hassles that go with bein' a chart
editor -- I'm sure it can be pretty wearing to deal with all the typical
music-industry political bullshit and get a buncha promotion, record
label, and radio weasels to work together and make somethin' worthwhile
with this Americana thing.  I'm gonna miss havin' Marino at the helm, but
we'll just have to keep an eye on how this thing evolves.--don