> ...either of Wayne Hancock's
> records (yeah, I know he sings, but in my mind, they still rank as
> instrumental albums).

Hmmm.  Care to elaborate?

Of all the instrumental (and I'm speaking of strictly instrumental, that is,
*no* vocals) albums I have, my favorite is still Bobby Hicks' Texas
Crapshooter (County CO-CD-2706), a 1978 album that features a side of
western swing numbers with a hot band that includes Buddy Emmons on steel
guitar and Buck White on piano, and a side of bluegrass, with Sam Bush, Alan
Munde, former Kentucky Colonel Roland White on guitar and the late Roy
Huskey Jr. in a fairly early appearance; why, there's even some twin
fiddling with Vassar Clements on it, just to make Jeff Wall happy.  The
version of Monroe's "Scotland" on there is three of the best minutes you'll
ever spend listening to music.

Jon Weisberger  Kenton County, KY [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://home.fuse.net/jonweisberger/