> > Other instrumental records of note, in the country area, Buddy Emmons'
> > record from the 70s, with "Roly Poly" on it...
>
> Uh, that album's title is Buddy Emmons SINGS Bob Wills (emphasis added).
> There are, though, two bonified instrumentals on it - "Boot Heel Drag" and
> "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star

I think that this is an example of what Freud might have described as
repression. Since listening to that record, years ago, I've repressed the
bad (or unremarkable) aspects of this record, the vocals. Which, I guess,
might be a good way of describing how folks tend to remember music from
"the old days." You repress the bad stuff, and generally mainly remember
the good. If I could only learn to exert this sort of repression with
modern country music. -- Terry Smith