Steve Gardner wrote:

> The Iggy Pop documentary on VH-1 last night was awesome.  It
> really made me want to see him live.  I'm sure he's not as crazy as
> he once was...but some of the footage showed him as still being
> pretty damn wild on stage.

I saw Iggy open for the Pretenders back in '85 or so. Way after his
primo wild years, obviously, but he was still an unbelievable
frontman. Great show all around, made even cooler by Chrissie
Hynde getting down on her knees after the first couple of songs to
say, "I just want to kiss the ground that Iggy Pop walks on." Purr.

Is Dennis McGuire still out here? I was ragging on him one night for
being old and he verbablly bitchslapped me by telling me about
seeing Iggy seven nights in a row in Detroit, back in the early 70s,
in a club the size of a hall closet. Bastard. Plus he has his Dad's
leather biker jacket from the 50s. AND he saw the original
Pretenders. He's my idol.

Dave

***
Dave Purcell, [EMAIL PROTECTED]