So I've decided I need some simple black cowboy boots.  Wouldn't you know they're not
really sold in San Francisco.  I've been to motorcycle shops, charro clothing stores,
western wear stores - you name it, including a couple of really scary leather stores.
I can buy boots made of snake, leather, rubber, some sort of weird South American
reptile, and probably a few things I don't want to imagine.  But no black, relatively
plain, pointy tipped cowboy boots.

So what's a good brand?  What's a good brand to avoid?  Any tips for a finer shopping
experience?

I'm just starting out, so I haven't hit the more rural areas around here.  I'm sure
once I get a half hour out of San Francisco things will improve.

As an aside, there must be some really whacked out banda groups out there, based on
what I see for sale in the Mission District.

Thanks again, as usual.