> black, relatively plain, pointy tipped cowboy boots.

I picked up a pair of black Justin boots with pointy toes and
subdued stitching at Allen's on S. Congress in Austin a
couple of weeks ago.  So far, bueno; they feel and look good.
I think they're doeskin, which makes them lighter than my
last pair, which were made by Dan Post and are still hanging
in there strong 15 years after they left the store.
If they feel the least bit snug, you might want to try the
next size up.  For good reason, cowboy folklore has plenty
of guys buried in their boots, not because they wanted it
that way, but because nobody could get the damned things
off!
Tom Smith