Excerpts from internet.listserv.postcard2: 16-Mar-99 RE: Clip: The state
of coun.. by "Jon Weisberger"@fuse.ne
> Hmm, Carl, does this mean you're not interested in classical music?

Relative to several other types of music, that would be a fair
statement.  I'm a casual listener at best.

Excerpts from internet.listserv.postcard2: 16-Mar-99 RE: Clip: The state
of coun.. by "Jon Weisberger"@fuse.ne
> Besides, the former leads to things like BS&T.  <g>

Ew.  You have a point, though I'd take at least pre-David Clayton Thomas
BS&T over Meat Loaf or Styx, or any number of arena-rock bands that took
cues from Wagner any day of the week.  There are traces of Debussy in
some of Richard Thompson's work, btw.

Would a discussion of the merits of Kenny G's and Sonny Rollins's
influence on rock by non-jazz fans be fair?  I'll bet there's a lurker
or two who's not big on jazz but digs the Stones' "Waiting For a Friend"
& runs screaming from Michael Bolton's work....

Carl Z.