On Wed, 17 Mar 1999 09:34:32 -0500 Dave "Man the
Barricades" Purcell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >From a Salon interview with Jeff Tweedy. Joshua Green is the
> writer. Who is he and why is he such a dick?
>
> Q: I was thinking specifically of the No Depression purists who are
> kind of militantly pro-twang, you know what I mean?

You know, I just read this interview and I'm with Dave.
What's the deal here? Since when did this "No Depression
purists" tag start appearing? Just who exactly is this guy
referring to? He doesn't say. Out of the 700 people on this
list, I doubt that anyone really fits the bill here. Is he
referring to Postcard? I haven't been over to that side in
years, so I really don't know what the discussion is like
over there these days. I've started to see this "purists"
theme more and more lately and wonder if it's
backlash-driven.

PS -- Be sure to check out Keith Knight's hilarious cartoon
on SXSW on the same Salon site.

William, who once walked out of a Scorchers show, much to
Dave's dismay when I fessed up to it.

William Cocke
Senior Writer
HSC Development