Slobberbone is always fun, you can't go wrong on this one if you like their
stuff.  However, Sebadoh and Buckner are booked to Deep Ellum Live which is
notorious for sound problems.  God, I hate that venue.  I wouldn't risk it.
Go to Denton!
Anyhow, if you're in Dallas this Saturday and you're broke (as I'm after
three great days in Austin and SXSW), Gypsy Tea Room is hosting its first
anniversary party with free admission.  Cowboys and Indians and THE
CARTWRIGHTS (yeah!!!) are performing.  Should be a lot of fun.
Ed Burleson and James Hand are playing at Sons of Hermann Hall tonight.
It was great meeting all of you during SXSW.  I had a blast.  A big applause
to Cherilyn, Bloodshot Records, and No Depression/MoM for their great
parties.   Sorry I missed the P2 parties at Austin Motel, but I had to pace
myself this time around due to a nasty accounting test I had to take last
Monday.
And while I'm de-lurking for a change, has anybody heard a band called
Eleven Hundred Springs?  These guys are my new local alt. country faves.
Their first album titled "Welcome to ... Eleven Hundred Springs" (label: 13
Recordings) released a couple of weeks ago is very interesting. Although a
bunch of the songs are CLEARLY inspired by the masters such as Hank, Merle,
George, and Bob (Wills),  Mike Hillyer (vocal, guitar and songwriter) has
penned some great lyrics, and his voice really works for this kind of stuff.
I've seen them live only a couple times, but I was really impressed when
they opened for The Derailers two weekends ago at Gypsy Tea Room.  1100
Hundred Springs performs every Wednesday at Muddy Waters (always free
admission) on Lower Greenville in Dallas.

Later...

André Kopostynski
Dallas, Texas
E-mail Home: [EMAIL PROTECTED]