Bob Soron wrote:

> At 8:21 PM -0600  on 1/13/99, Christopher M Knaus wrote:
>
> >I would prefer not to have my e-mail address out there on a buncha web
> >pages. So if you can strip that off, or slap a password on the front of
> >the whole thing that would be cool. Also remember that there is a web
> >site or two out there (cant remember the URL) that has p2 postings (you
> >can read them, but cannot actually post) but I dont know how far back
> >they go.
>
> I'm with Chris -- I don't mind being in the archives, but I don't want
> my email address exposed. (I'm paying for two email accounts, and this
> is the private one.) It's essential that whoever's volunteering for
> this effort understand that.
>
> As far as I know, the archives are all still available from the
> listproc at U Washington, so this should all be moot. List members who
> want them can retrieve them from there. (And that includes the current
> month, too.)
>
> Bob

You can get free email accounts all over the place now of course, which is
one solution to this.  And I can see where spam might be a problem, although
to date, I've really never had much of problem.  Once in a while something
comes through.  And since I'm not at all cautious about leaving my email
address around the planet, I don't understand why I don't get more, while
Mark Wyatt is apparently on every porn mailer in the U.S. and Denmark.

But the original question was is there a searchable archive.  Can the
archive at U.Washington be easily searched by topic or key word or some
combination of key words?

Stuart