[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Rik makes  a couple of  points that really bug me:>> It's all relative and
> transitional at best because in 5-10 years these tunes we listen to now
> will be gathering dust in some used CD section of your local Media Play.
>
> Please tell me why this is a good thing. Rik, have you listened to country
> radio lately? Do you know the dreck that the "big boys" are foisting on the
> public? Can you honestly say that "these tunes we listen to now" aren't
> more interesting and just plain better than that fluff? Why shouldn't more
> people hear them, then?
> Remember there's always the delete key. <g>
> Jim, smilin'

Looking over my play lists and what I also play at home, there is very little
if anything 10 to 15 years old that came out of the "Trashville School of
Music" that I still listen to.  However, I stll regularly play off of the Uncle
Tupelo releases, Blood Oranges, Rank & File, Lone Justice, Robert Earl Keen,
Rusty Wier, etc.  The so called outlaw and alt-country stuff is still worth
listening to.  It doesn't date and it's not schlock.  I would imagine some of
this will still be wonderful long after Garth Brooks and his ilk have been
forgotten.

Iceman