Jon asks: what's the point of an Americana chart?

When they first started the chart that was my question, too. But I never
got an answer. I think it's so Gavin can sell advertising. <g>
If some of the music on the chart moves over to the country format, there
will still be some good music that the country progarmmers won't touch.
It'll act as a testing ground for other formats. Kind of like what college
radio is for alternative and Top 40 (or whatever it is they're calling it
these days). IMO-Americana should be serving that function now, but isn't,
for some reason.
Jim, still smilin'