Reply to:   Re: Television Live (and twangless)
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion blah blah blah, but I have to interject an
objection here. I remember the first weekend I went to CBGB's, back in 75 or 76. First
night it was Mink Deville and Ramones, next night was Talking Heads opening for
Television. As great as Ramones were, Television blew em away. I've never been a big
fan of guitar solos, but Verlaine and Lloyd always managed to surprise me. And
"Marquee Moon" still holds up.
Additional twang: Richard Lloyd backed up Butch Hancock at the Mercury Lounge a couple
of years ago, and I still consider it one of the best shows I've ever seen. lloyd's
solo on "Bluebird" brought tears to my eyes.