Bill writes:

>I'm with you, which is why I baited the hook that way. (Though "Prove It"
>does end up as a song I get stuck in my head from time to time) Wondered
>if any NYC types who maybe saw them back in the day had different ideas.

Yep. And evidently Robin Hall did too (in fact, we were probably at the
same show(s); my very first CB's show was Television with Talking Heads
opening, back in fall 1975). And I'm certain that Barry Mazor saw them a
few dozen times back in the day.

Evidently Junior and I just can't agree on anything lately--the
Ex-Husbands, Television...The Ramones (my fourth or fifth CB's show) were
wonderful, and more seminal than they're given credit for, but the twin
guitars of Richard Lloyd and Tom Verlaine were revelatory. Patti Smith once
said of Tom Verlaine, "He plays guitar like a thousand bluebirds
screaming," and as pretentious and silly as that sounds, it's oddly
accurate in a way. Television were a band like no other, and the relative
unevenness of Verlaine's solo output and the reunion record shouldn't
distract or detract from that fact.

--Amy, who is bound to get back to talking about twangier stuff any minute now