Television isn't quite as twangless as you'd think, in my opinion.  They are played a
different sort of twang than most of us are used to hearing.  In my opinion, they
could have been one of the great bands of the 70s, had they not been sidetracked by
drug abuse.  Tom Verlaine's vocals were an acquired taste, but one I certainly
acquired.

I'm sure I wasn't the only person who spent time trying to align a cassette recording
of both sides of the "Little Johnny Jewel" 45 so they played in sync.  I later bought
the big EP version (which I still have somewhere).

More TV facts: Richard Lloyd also played with John Doe,  on his CD "Meet John Doe".
And Billy Ficca was the drummer for the Waitresses ("I Know What Boys Like").

np in my head: "Prove It"