Hey there,

Neal, closer to Japan than I am...
>Got me thinking, anyone know who the most popular Japanese artist in US
>history might be? I can't think of anyone beyond Cibo Matto, who, by
virtue
>of being on a major label, might win this pony race.

Well, Pink Lady did have their own TV show in the late 70's. (Picture the
Donny and Marie show about 12 times worse and two episodes long). Heh.
And like I said before, I think Cibo Matto are officially american
citizens.

But if we are talking about music outside of pop and rock - I would
assume a classical or jazz artist must've come out of Japan and wow'ed
the USA. I thought of Yo  Yo Ma and Toshiko Akiyoshi - but they're
Chinese. So anyone else?

Later...
CK
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]