Ph. Barnard wrote:

> I wasn't kidding about Elastica, Bill.  As derivative as they were, I
> thought they were terrific.  Truly....

Oops.

> I had a great music week in 96, or whenever it was they toured, when
> I saw them on a Thursday night in the Union ballroom here at the
> University of Kansas, then two nights later in Pittsburgh while I was
> at a conference there.  In Kansas they ended up with the whole crowd
> up on stage dancing with them for the last number (that big hit of
> theirs, what was it called...); then in Pittsburgh they absolutely
> tore it up in a weird futuristic looking club that looked like
> something out of a  Terminator movie

Well, I missed 'em in Lawrence, much to my chagrin.

I gotta wonder what that club in Pittsburgh was though. We saw Twangburgh
at Rosebud, a nice place, but there was an interesting looking scene just
next door at (affiliated?) Metropol.

Justine under spooky blue disco lights in Pittsburgh. You make me happy
as a little girl...<g>

> That Justine whats-her-name, yow!!  Now there's a rock n' roll woman
> <g>....  Too bad they disappeared.

Justine Frischman. Hungarian originally, not that I've paid attention.
<g> She and insufferable twit Damon Albarn (the new Blur record sucks,
just BTW, and I've been a fan of sorts in the past) are very publicly no
more, so it's really too bad she's single again, eh?

The still going on fumes fan site says they've got a single coming out
soon, BTW...

b.s.