>I can't stand any pink floyd or sgt. peppers

>Stevie

Stevie my man, the Floyd I ain't even gonna touch, but The Pepper? As
overrated as I think the album truly is, "A Day in the Life" is why rock
means a damn thing (and may redeem the mediocrity which preceded it). If
nothing else, McCartney's bass playing on the album is nothing short of
breathtaking. Listen to even a silly song like "With a Little Help" and you
can hear how Mac's bass runs were probably the equal of guys named
Entwhistle. "Getting Better" is another beautifully arranged song featuring
dynamite rhythmic accents and a testament to the album's unrealized
potential.

Lance . . .