Don Yates wrote:

> And to put the shoe on the other foot -- I've no doubt that
> Stevie saw absolutely no lemmings when Trace was being praised to the
> skies,

Hmm.  I posted on this topic on The Other List just a day or two ago.  I think
Trace would have slipped under the radar if the label hadnt decided to give it
the big push (Drown video in heavy mtv rotation, leaning on  the press, free
Jay Farrar sad clown masks with each cd, that sorta thing).  The fact that it
made a lot of national press top 10 lists at the end of the year had a lot to
do with the hype, which was fairly substantial for a band of Son Volt's
marketability.  My feeling is that the same has gone for Summerteeth, and that
the label are giving the band the big push on this one.  Of course, the
difference is that Trace actually *deserved* the plaudits, whereas... oh never
mind...  <g>   <g>

Stevie