<< Don, my love, you must admit there's a creepy unanimity among the critics
 regarding this release.  There a definitely lemmings afoot. >>

Like this is anything new? Critics tend to think like critics. Most of us
have that same chip in our heads that makes us like music that most sensible
human beings think is crap. Like Joe Henry, like Sparklehorse, like
Sleater-Kinney, to name a few currently on my short list, and likely several
others'. Oh yeah, and Wilco, which I think is just wonderful. Does that make
me a lemming? Perceive as you may. I don't give a hoot.

Off to buy a car, begrudgingly.

Neal Weiss