I wouldn't assume that the versions of "I Ain't Never," etc. that appear on
DL 4015 are remakes, though they might be.  DL 4016, presumably issued
fairly close on to 4015, was a May, 1960 release for Jimmy Martin (it's the
Good'n'Country album, for those keeping score at home), but it collected
material recorded at Martin's very first Decca session in May, 1956 all the
way up to stuff recorded in January, 1960.  Seems to me like this was a
habit of the label's, as I recall similar mish-mashes of stuff in the
Osborne Brothers and Bill Monroe LP catalogs as well.

Jon Weisberger  Kenton County, KY [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://home.fuse.net/jonweisberger/