Yep, Doug Sahm is one of those people who are much greater than most of
the "stars" that get touted in the industry....  Also a pretty generous
guy who will talk your ear off if you ever run into him at Hole in Wall or
some comparable watering hole on an odd afternoon, etc. <g>.

BTW, Barry, I discovered the disc you were talking about in a catalog
where it was listed along with a bunch of other Crazy Cajun releases.  The
whole slew of releases was extrememly impressive, although the Sir Douglas
is definitely what caught my eye.

I'll look around here and see if I can't find that catalog to recall what
the other releases were.

--junior