Chrisopher wrote:

>I still do.  Paddy McAloon and Paul Buchanan (of
>the Blue Nile) are two favorite pop songwriters.
>In an alternate universe, the Sprouts are as big as
>the Beatles ever were.
>
>(And people have cone-shaped
>heads - but that's another Point.)
>
>Still perplexed and p.o.'d that _Andromeda Heights_
>hasn't come out in the U.S.

It became a habit for me and a couple of friends to take a couple of yearly
expeditions to London all through the eightees. To drink mostly and to explore the
clubs and record stores. As we dived into the nightclubs, all
charachterized by no sign outside, we got the strong feeling thath there was a
diversions between the Damned/Ramones fans and those who liked the "newer" stuff. They
all sat on diffrent tables.

What they all said, at no matter what time, was nothing is happening here now. That
seemed to be the refrain.

I felt more than mildly schizofrenic in all this. Liking them all, the Damned,Jam,
Pistols and the Clash.
Then there was Style Council (the beer always cost more in the clubs that played them)
and Prefab Sprout.
I went bananaz about them when "Steve Mcqueen" came out, and oh Blue Nile,. and I
admit that I was a big the Smiths fan from the beginning. I believe it was the same
year that Steve Mcqueen came out that Darden Smith gave out his first, Native Soils on
RediMix, and the same year I spent a week with Timbuk 3 in London, telling me about
Townes. Okay so it must have been in the mid eightees that I converted. Don't want to
be any more specific, those days were all to hazy.

Geir
Oslo

np: Townes. LATOQ