>Jeff Weiss wrote:
>> first Aztec Camera album came out -- popped on Steve Mc I was taken by the
>> hooks and the warmth of Paddy McLoon's voice. He also turned me on to
>> Scritti Politti and the Blueberries (?) who did Cath.

Jerry, creating controversy in a desperate attempt
to get his name in yet another subject header, says:
>This paragraph Weiss........exclusively prohibits you from
>EVER making fun of my music tastes.  Scritti Politti, indeed.
>Barely stifling a snicker.....<g>

Once again Jerry is wrong! This is too easy. Like shooting MPBs on
the fluff list. Scritti Politti is another fine, fine band from Leeds.
They were formed in the British punk rock movement of the late
70s, but moved into a much more poppier, soulful sound in the 80s. And I really
think it worked for them. Cupid & Psyche 85 is one of my more favorite
lps from that time. I still love to listen to *Perfect Way* and *Pray Like
Arethea Franklin*.

And I believe that this isn't the first time that Scritti Politti has come up
on this list.

I can't get any information on the new Mike Ness cd, but plenty of information
on long gone bands from 20 years ago. I love this list.

marie