Someone's gonna have to say it, and better not-Jon than Jon:

JP, you completely misconstrued Weisberger's meaning here - it was an
inside-joking reference to Jon's long, untiring **defence** of the importance of
chops in country (and other) music. In other words, he agrees with you
completely. He was kidding, and he wasn't taking a shot at you but at various of
his P2 sparring partners (Roy Kasten, call home).

Fair enough you didn't get the context (request the P2 archive containing the
Freakwater Chronicles for clarification), and by the sounds of it you're under
stress right now. But it's boorish, to say the least, to refer to "you and your
ilk" when clearly you don't know the first thing about what Jon's ilk might be.

I'm always amused when people declare themselves to be above basic social
decency. The Superiority Fairy works in mysterious ways.

carl w.

Reidle:
>> Interested musicians must be incredibly badass.  In fact, unless you have
>> chops to burn, don't bother.

Weisberger:
>Gee, and here I thought that feeling would have to be the number one
>qualification....

Reidle:
     >Would you please go find a life.  I have a band in crisis here and I
     >certainly don't need every middle-aged mediocrity's  two cents.
     Unlike you >and your ilk, these are world-class players and all the
     "feeling" in the >world is not gonna allow a half-assed player to keep
     up with this band... (blah blah blah ad nauseum).