Anyone who's spent time with me knows I can be fairly decent and moderately
reasonable.   Assuming we all let Carl define social decency, I suppose I
don't make the grade.  However, according to MY definitions, people who sit
around and pontificate score zero.  I AM under stress, so I apologize for
flying off.  Still, judging from the offlist remarks I've received I must
have expressed some pretty widespread thinking.   Why folks feel compelled
to offer support through private channels is one for the social theorists...

No one can accuse me of being afraid to look foolish, so having prefaced
this with some qualification, I apologize, Jon, for misconstruing your post
and attacking you personally.