Marie asked:

>So, have we discussed this already in P2 land. Perhaps I missed it.
>Has anyone heard it? Let me know your thoughts.

I'll have more opinions on it later when I listen to it more, but it
sounds like Social D playing roots rock....big surprise there, I guess
:)...which, for me, means that it's a perfectly solid record with
snarling vocals and it's never gonna change my life. Many of the songs
are very similar, and most are either are a little sing-songy-punky or
slow/plodding with lots of predictable soft/loud dynamic changes, which
means i think the same thing about this album that I think about Social
D--always solid, rarely (but ever-so-occasionally) great, and very samey.
I got it in a used bin for 6 bucks, which seems like the right price for
it. In a couple of months I suspect I'll have mostly forgotten about it
and won't find myself going back to it very often--which is what I end up
doing with most Social D albums. I get them out once or so a year, and
decide that most of the songs sound the same.

One other comment on it--I'm not sure Mike's vaguely Richard Butler-esque
snarl really works in a rootsier context. It gets tiring a little sooner
when he's out of the slam/bang Social D setting.

If we're talking SoCal punk, I always liked the Minutemen about 1000
times better than Social D. (and if you listen very carefully you can
hear the sound of Purcell's head exploding right about now...:)),
Steve Kirsch
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]