Steve says:

>One other comment on it--I'm not sure Mike's vaguely Richard Butler-esque
>snarl really works in a rootsier context. It gets tiring a little sooner
>when he's out of the slam/bang Social D setting.

I've always been afraid to confess this amid the Social D lovers around
here, but I've never been able to listen to the band because I just can't
stand his voice. It gets tiring for me with Social D in about .002 seconds,
so I probably couldn't even take the shrink wrap off the solo CD without
getting annoyed.

>If we're talking SoCal punk, I always liked the Minutemen about 1000
>times better than Social D. (and if you listen very carefully you can
>hear the sound of Purcell's head exploding right about now...:)),

Amen to that. (Er, the Minutemen thing, that is, not my little bro's head
exploding.)

--Amy