Nice post, Joe!  And yep, Barry, it requires a certain age bracket...

Several of these "perfect singles" I recall hearing for the first time *on
the radio* and sometimes on the car radio.  Especialy Stones singles, for
me.  I distinctly recall hearing "Honky Tonk Women" for the first time on
a radio in a dorm room and going nuts.... And immediately putting down
everything and driving to a *wholesale* record distribution warehouse to
find it because none of the record stores in town had it yet.  That drum
lead-in is still amazing.  Got it with that cool picture cover <g>.

--junior