Excerpts from internet.listserv.postcard2: 19-Apr-99 Re: Single Most
Influential.. by "Terry A. Smith"@seorf.O
> The Beatles, appears to have been skipped over, perhaps, dare I speculate,
> because it's such an obvious choice? If we're talking about rock, in my
> subjective, fallible, hazy-assed estimation, the Beatles have no rival. --
At the risk of rehashing an argument I made a year ago, the Beatles'
influence on modern recording techniques in a variety of genres cannot
be overestimated.  Which is not to say they are the century's most
influential artist, but they're in the picture.

Carl Z.