[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> One example I have always
>  found particularly grating was the Dead's vocals, which are like
>  fingernails on chalkboards to me, but which apparently don't bother
>  their fans.

Funny...for YEARS this was how I felt about Neil Young, then I had some kinda
"awakening" (or was it brainwashing?) when "Comes A Time" was released.
Oddly, Gram Parson's "voice" never irritated me, but, on a quality level
really isn't all that good.  And while we're goin' down that road....Emmylou
on lead these days isn't all that appealing, yet as backup/harmony is quite
nice.

my two cents,
Kate,