John Kinnamon wrote:

> I'm sort of surprised by Joe's reference to Willie and Waylon as examples
> of singers with deficient voices.  Townes I'll buy, but to my ears, both
> Waylon and Willie have great instruments.

Willie doesn't have a "big" voice, although it can be loud if he wants
to. he's a softspoken guy, and his singing voice is relatively subdued
also. Waylon comes very close to having a "great voice" but he's so much
himself that you could never mistake him for anybody else, no matter how
hard he tried, and I guess what I was trying to convey was that none of
these guys could ever sing anonymously like a typical "good singer" can.

--
Joe Gracey
President-For-Life, Jackalope Records