On 10/6/2008 7:18 PM, Wietse Venema wrote:
>> Can I set up DNS (and MX records) for several different domains to
>> point to the same postfix instance/host/IP address and reference
>> that same postfix instance/host/IP by different DNS host names
>> (smtp.example1.com, smtp.example2.com, etc), and have everything
>> just work?

> Not unless you also list smtp.example1.com in $mydestination,
> otherwise mail will loop.

?!

But the virtual how-to says the opposite... "never list a
virtual_mailbox_domain in mydestination"...

Obviously I'm missing something totally obvious to everyone else...

:(

> You could also keep it simple and list the real hostname in the MX
> records.

Hmmm... ok, and even if I do that, I can still tell user to configure
their clients with smtp.example1.com as their outbound server?

If the answer is yes, this is starting to make sense...

--

Best regards,

Charles