On 10/7/2008 3:09 PM, mouss wrote:
>> but, example.com (the domain, not the hostname) is also listed in
>> virtual_mailbox_domains via the mysql lookup...
>>
>> Is this OK/normal? I'm thinking yes, because:

> yes, it's ok.

Ok, good... :)

> Note that both smtp.example.com and example.com are FQDN.

Right, but the latter can never be a _host_ name...

> "virtual domains" is ambiguous. you are talking about virtual mailbox
> domains (contrast with virtual alias domains).

True, and thanks for pointing that out... I do know how important it is
to be precise when discussing things like this...

> - you can have a per mailbox uid:gid or use a single uid:gid for all
> mailboxes (the maps are then: static:1234, where 1234 is the uid or gid).

Is there any place that discusses the pros/cons of per mailbox vs static
udi/gid? I'm usng static now, but not sure if there is any advantage one
way or another. I'm mostly concerned with security and simplicity (I'm
lazy and don't like cleaning up messes or managing complicated
configurations)...

> since you use mysql, take a look at the howto on workaround.org for
> inspiration.

Thanks, I will... :)

--

Best regards,